Thursday 25 February 2016

Narkanda, Himachal Pradesh.

To travel to Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh holds its place on the top of my to-do list.he Spiti Valley is a desert mountain valley located high in the Himalaya mountains in the north-eastern part of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The name "Spiti" means "The Middle Land", i.e. the land between Tibet and India.

I planned to escape to Spiti in the month of August and planed my itinerary accordingly.First day of my ride started from Delhi via Chandigarh to Narkanda, Himachal Pradesh. At a distance of  5kms from Narkanda at an altitude of 12000ft and is a highest peak in Shimla region, Hatu Peak. At the top of the peak a wooden temple is dedicated to "Mandodari" wife of "Ravana". Government tourist guest house for night stay is available at Hatu Peak.  I planned to camp on the lawn of rest house from where the view was serene. It was a scary night for me as locals warned me about the movement of wild animals, which made me sleepless whole night. After a long tiring night view of sunrise from my camp was refreshing and  energized all of my senses.

On Day 2 my destination was Chitkul, Himachal Pradesh, at a distance of 180kms from Narkanda. I took a breakfast hault at Narkanda town  and left to Chitkul with lots of good memories from Narkanda.






Misty view of mountains after rain.

Break somewhere near to Kalka, Himachal Pradesh.


View of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.

Towards Narkanda, Himachal Pradesh.



Yak rides can be enjoyed on the way to Narkanda, Himachal Pradesh.


Apple orchards at Theog, Himachal Pradesh.


Narkanda is not far now after a day long ride.
Lawn of tourist guest house where I pitched my camp.

Morning view from my camp.


Sunrise from Hatu Peak.



Hatu Mata temple.


 






To be continued.........

1 comment:

  1. Pathless is the different way of life for adventures people who can go everywhere and any direction. In Lahaul and Spiti there are some places where there is no roads of any kinds of path for anybody.The people like to use pathless criteria in everyday in their life.Most of the special people who like to climb on mountains and swim in rivers like to visit these types of places.

    ReplyDelete